First Aid at Work Level 3 (VTQ) Requalification blended part 2 for those who have completed the online part and have a qualifying FAW certificate that needs requalifying. The ProTrainings First Aid at Work Level 3 Requalification Qualification (FAW) is ideal for most businesses whose risk assessment has identified that they require a fully trained first aider for their workplace and they need to requalify their certification.
All courses are delivered, evaluated and quality assured to meet the new guidelines set out by the HSE in October 2017 and meet the requirements of the First Aid at Work (First Aid) regulations 1981 and subsequent 2016 changes. ProTrainings Vocational Training Qualifications (VTQ) are fully recognised by the HSE as Trade Body Qualifications.
In May 2016 the HSE and Awarding Organisations announced that computer-based blended training is now allowed for all workplace first aid courses. You can now renew your First Aid at Work qualification, with one day of classroom training after completing this online course. Reduce your training and travel costs by using our engaging, blended online video-based course. Learn at your pace, one to one with your instructor at a time that suits you.
This blended FAW Requalification course meets all of the requirements under the HSE and Awarding Organisations and is available as a ProTrainings or Regulated Qualification.
If you prefer the traditional 2 days First Aid at Work Requalification course, we can do that too, just contact us for more information.
A modern approach to training backed up by years of experience delivering online, blended and classroom courses. Clear, concise and engaging, when you choose ProTrainings you reduce the cost, not the quality of your training.
All our first aid courses fully meet the UK and European Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2015 as per the HSE requirements.
This course is only for people who already hold a valid First Aid at Work certificate and they can take this 2-day course rather than the full 3-day FAW. You must have a copy of your original certificate.
The HSE strongly recommend that all first aiders complete an annual first aid refresher courses and our online course meets this requirement.
Please note that learners undertaking a ProTrainings Trainings Course have the option to choose to take a regulated qualification. The ProTrainings First Aid at Work Qualification is accepted by TQUK as a qualification for first aid instructors who wish to offer their regulated qualifications. This is because it meets all of the required learning outcomes and due diligence.
Please be advised that the classroom course has a minimum age requirement of 14.
This is the classroom-only part 2 of a 2-part blended course. Before taking this course, you MUST complete the online course.
This course comes with 6.0 hours of CPD, although the time to complete the course online may be less than this.
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a ProTrainings Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
Unit 1: Emergency First Aid in the Workplace (credit can be given in some cases if already completed recently)
1. Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
2. Be able to assess an incident
3. Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
4. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
5. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
6. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
7. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
Unit 2: Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace
1. Be able to conduct a secondary survey
2. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected injuries to bones, muscles and joints
3. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
4. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injury
5. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with burns and scolds
6. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with an eye injury
7. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning