Risk Assessment is a trainer led course that is delivered over a full day. The course aims are to give an understanding of the importance of risk assessment and current applicable legislation, to promote awareness and understanding of what constitutes a hazard, to promote understanding of the 5 steps of carrying out a risk assessment, and to give an understanding of different control measures and how these might be implemented. By the end of this session, candidates will understand the importance of risk assessment and current applicable legislation, understand what constitutes a hazard, understand the hierarchy of controls, and be able to carry out a risk assessment.
This qualification is designed to be an introduction to the principles of Risk Assessment. It covers why risk assessments are necessary, the legal requirements relating to risk assessments and simple processes for carrying out a risk assessment. It is suitable for learners working in any environment who need to be more risk aware by raising their knowledge of risk in the workplace and basic things they can do to control it.
This course is available as an online, classroom or blended. You can also upgrade to gain a QCF Level 2 certificate with the addition of completing an exam locally with one of our approved instructors or arranged through your employer.
This course comes with 4.0 hours of CPD, although the time to complete the course online may be less than this. Total course time includes 1 hours and 2 minutes of video training as well as knowledge reviews, final test, remedial help and reviewing downloaded material.
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a ProTrainings Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
- Student manual and other free downloads upon purchase
- CPD Time Credit Conformation
- Evidence Based Training Certificate on completion
- Print your wall certificate on completion
- Access to the course for 8 months and other refresher and reminder features
- 3-year nationally recognised certificate for £24.95 + VAT
- Engaging multimedia video training
Student Downloads Available with Course:
- Workplace Accident Book
- Home Emergency Contact Sheet
- Work Emergency Contact Sheet
- HSE 5 steps to Risk Assessing link to HSE website
- Link to the HSE website
- Essentials of health and safety at work link to HSE website
- Step by Step Guide to COSHH HSE Guide - Link to HSE website
- How to register to call EMS by text
- Example risk assessment for an office-based business from the HSE
- First Aid at Work Regulations 1981 HSE document
- HSE Manual Handling Regulations Guide - link to HSE website
- Getting to Grips with Manual Handling link to HSE website
- HSE COSHH Work Place Exposure Limits Leaflet
- HSE DSE/VDU safety leaflet
- HSE COSHH risk assessment guide
- HSE guide to PPE
- RIDDOR October 2013 Changes